Around the world

Introducing the 2013-14 Student Leadership Council
April 5, 2013
Timothy Program trains ministers of the Gospel
April 12, 2013

Around the world

UConn and Louisville win college basketball women's and men's national championships respectively, the Upton brothers make history, and Eric Abidal returns to professional football.

New Orleans, La.: The UConn women won their 8th national championship Tuesday. They are now tied with Tennessee for most national titles. The Huskies handily defeated Louisville 93-60.  The UConn win ended the winning streak of Louisville, the first no. 5 seed to make it to the championship game.

Atlanta, Ga.: Brothers B.J. and Justin Upton made baseball history last Saturday when they both homered in the ninth inning to edge the Chicago Cubs 6-5. B.J. helped tie up a previous 5-4 deficit, and Justin sealed the deal with a walk-off homerun.

Barcelona, Spain: It was a touching moment last Saturday as Barcelona defender Eric Abidal entered the game in the 70th minute to play for the first time in over a year. Abidal had a liver transplant last year and has had many setbacks as he tried to return to professional football.

Atlanta, Ga.: Louisville defeated Michigan 82-76 in the NCAA tournament final to claim its third national championship. Louisville’s Rick Pitino became the first coach to win a national championship at two different schools. Pitino also holds the record for the only coach to lead three separate universities to the Final Four.