PCC defeats BJU men, 88-70

The Bob Jones University Bruins men’s basketball team fell to the Pensacola Christian College Eagles Saturday night in Pensacola, Florida 88–70, dropping their record to 14–13 on the season.

As they went into the first half, the Bruins had much confidence from a victory earlier in the season against the Eagles. But the Eagles had a new momentum that the Bruins weren’t expecting as they jumped to an early lead. The Bruins’ offense struggled to keep up as the Eagles continued to score. Captains Ray Holden and Kyle Turner put up great efforts as they battled to level the score. The Bruins tied the score at one point, but the Eagles led 38–32 going into halftime.

“We didn’t hit shots, and had silly turnovers,” Holden said. “That being said, I’m extremely proud of the guys and the way they conducted themselves throughout the entire game.”

As the second half began, the Bruins looked for a comeback, but they were met by the Eagles’ strong offense. The Eagles went on a shooting spree, and the Bruins couldn’t find their offensive rhythm.

Dustin Killough hit some shots as the Bruins tried to cut into the Eagles’ lead. At the buzzer, the Eagles took revenge from last game with an 8870 victory.

“[I was] proud of our effort to battle all the way to the end, and I saw a lot of good things from some of the younger guys on our team. We’ll just need to get better moving forward,” head coach Neal Ring said.

Killough led the team with 20 points, followed by Marshall Riddle with 17 points. The Bruins shot 35 percent in total shots, and 25 percent from the three-point line. The Bruins look to improve their record as they take on The Emmanuel College Lions in Franklin Springs, Georgia on March 1.