Alpha tramples Royals, 88–74

Portrait of Alpha Bball team. winning society BBall team.

The Alpha Theta Pi Razorbacks triumphed over the Pi Gamma Delta Royals as they  battled for the men’s society basketball championship.

Pi Gamma stayed close behind Alpha for most of the game, but Alpha pulled ahead for good in the second half, eventually winning 88–74.

Pi Gamma set the pace early on, going up 22–18 with just under 10 minutes left in the first half. Alpha struggled to connect their passes, and the Royals’ defense prevented Alpha from finding good scoring opportunities. They finally  found their groove, however,  with eight minutes left in the first half.

Stephen Bruce stole the ball and made a lay-up to give Alpha the lead for the first time.

Pi Gamma stayed close behind Alpha.

With three minutes until halftime, Judson Greene tied the game with a jump shot for Pi Gamma.

Alpha lunged ahead to end the first half up by nine points, 41–32. Levi Horner led Pi Gamma with 10 points. Jadan Kashi scored 18 points for Alpha.

Both teams stepped up their intensity in the second half. Kashi made a layup just 15 seconds in, and Alpha played with fierce intensity for the rest of the game.

Pi Gamma kept up with Alpha for the first few minutes of the second half. In the first four minutes, Pi Gamma scored 14 points.

But Pi Gamma’s offense could not match Alpha for long. Alpha pulled ahead 65–53 and kept the lead.

Alpha’s overall height and speed was difficult for the Royals to overcome.

The Royals’ fans kept the energy up, and Pi Gamma kept fighting to the end.

Alpha’s players started to foul unnecessarily, and Pi Gamma took advantage of the free throws.

Pi Gamma gained energy towards the end of the game and shortened Alpha’s lead, but it was not enough to overtake Alpha.

Alpha won the championship game 88–74.

Kashi led all scorers with 38 points. Horner came in a second with 31 points.