Chop Chop Grill brings fast, fresh food to customers

Photo of Chop Chop Grill interior with customers. Photo by Stephen Dysert, Issue 29.23

Fresh, fast and delicious—these are the three words that owner Que Nguyen used over and over when talking recently about his new restaurant, Chop Chop Grill.

Chop Chop Grill opened on Dec. 1. One aspect of Chop Chop Grill that sets it apart from other restaurants is its drive-through option. Because all the items on the menu at Chop Chop Grill can be ready to eat in 10 minutes, customers are able to view the menu online, call in their order and pick it up at the drive-through window 10 minutes later. You can also call your order in ahead to dine in.

Chop Chop Grill uses all fresh ingredients in menu items. Nguyen said their food does not have any MSG or tenderizer in it. They use one type of chicken—white meat tenders—and one type of beef—sirloin. The best selling dish (and Nguyen’s personal favorite) is the teriyaki chicken.

They currently advertise their lunch special, a combo special of one choice of meat and two veggies, all day for an average price of $5.99. For an added cost of $2, you can add a drink and a spring roll. Between 4 and 7 p.m., certain menu items are 10 to 20 percent off.

Located on Wade Hampton near Planet Fitness and Ollie’s, Chop Chop Grill is the perfect location for students.The aura of the restaurant is chill. The layout is open with natural light streaming in from the windows.

Nguyen said he wants Chop Chop Grill to be a place where students can come to study. It’s a good study location being right down the street from the University.

There’s even an open section in the middle of the room with larger tables for groups that come to meet. This gives privacy to the group and also doesn’t disturb those on the outside.

They offer free Wi-Fi (just ask for the password), and Nguyen said he wants to put a printer in so students and business professionals can print papers and also fax if need be. The other thing Nguyen said he’s working on is adding in electrical outlets at each table so that people can charge their electronic devices.

Ngueyn couldn’t stop smiling as he talked about his love for the restaurant industry. He’s been working in this field for 21 years. His first owned restaurant, Tokyo Grill Express, opened in 2004 in nearby Greer. He owned it for 11 years until he sold it to his brother so he could open this new restaurant.

Nguyen said they’re not as busy as big chains because they are new to the area. But most customers who come end up returning again and again, bringing friends and telling others about it.

It’s the way the restaurant business works, Nguyen explained. If you have good food and loyal customers, you will survive.

Hot, fresh food at a conveniently close location for a price that can’t be beat – why not grab some brain food and stick around to study at Chop Chop Grill?