Wildcats blank Bruins 3–0

The BJU Bruins volleyball team fell to the Johnson and Wales University Wildcats in the last scrimmage match of the Bruins’ spring season.

The teams agreed to play three 30-minute matches, using rally points to keep score. The Wildcats won all three sets.

Even though the game was more of a scrimmage, the teams both played hard. But the Bruins had a hard time making their serves and running a smooth offense.

Kendra Jeffcott had 15 kills to help the Bruins stay in the game, but the talented Wildcats took the victory.

Two weeks ago, the teams played at BJU. In that game, the Bruins won four to one in five sets. However, that momentum did not carry over into Tuesday night.

The Bruins’ coaches used this game as a final assessment of the Bruins’ club team players. The coaches will pull the players for the program’s first fall season from this spring’s club team, as well using new recruits.

Coach Vickie Denny said it was helpful to put the players into different combinations to see how they play.

“This was their last chance to show their performance level,” Denny said.

Denny said all the players did their best to demonstrate their skill.

“This was a great start for our intercollegiate program,” Denny said. “Unfortunately we can’t keep all of our players from this club team, but I want to thank each one who came out and contributed to a great spring season.”

The Bruins’ coaches will soon start selecting the players for the fall.