The Cheesecake Factory brings new flavor to Greenville

After months of rumors, eventual confirmation and finally construction, Greenville’s own The Cheesecake Factory is open and operational.       

Located adjacent to Haywood Mall, The Cheesecake Factory marks both Greenville’s and the franchise’s continued growth.

Since its grand opening on May 31, The Cheesecake Factory has seen few empty tables.

Its small army of waiters and waitresses serve hundreds of eager customers every night. Lines have died down but not nearly as much as management expected.

“Out of eight restaurants in our region, we are number one,” store manager Alex Brock said. “[The store’s success] will definitely continue.”

The local restaurant features the chain’s recognizable Egyptianesque interior, including multiple murals and decorative columns.

The restaurant manages to feel upper-end without making costumers feel out of place.          Café style seating paired with extensive mood lighting give the restaurant a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Along with the expected steak, seafood and salad, menu choices include an assortment of Italian- and Asian-inspired dishes as well as house favorites like fried macaroni and cheese balls.

Average meals range from $12 to $16.

When asked for her favorite part of her meal, one customer—eying the cheesecake in front of her—said simply, “Yet to come.”

In addition to its 250 dishes served daily, the restaurant specializes in a vast variety of cheesecakes from the traditional strawberry to the outrageous, multilayered white chocolate-crusted red velvet.   

As most customers will advise you, dessert is not optional at The Cheesecake Factory.

Lead manager Jessica Phlegar expressed the restaurant’s excitement not only to serve its clientele but also to serve the community of Greenville.

The Cheesecake Factory chain as a whole is committed to multiple charitable endeavors, including a partnership with Feeding America.

This September (National Hunger Action Month), Greenville’s local The Cheesecake Factory will be collecting thousands of pounds of peanut butter to distribute to needy families.

All donations go toward providing school lunches to resident Greenville County students.

Greenville’s The Cheesecake Factory encourages university students to join the cause by either taking peanut, sunflower or soy butter or a monetary donation to the restaurant’s location at Haywood Mall.

Although regular visits to The Cheesecake Factory may be out of most college students’ price range, The Cheesecake Factory’s warm atmosphere, all-encompassing menu and signature desserts make it a stand-out for any birthday or special occasion.