Makers Market to feature and sell handcrafted art

The Museum & Gallery Makers Market will be held  Saturday during BJU’s 2016 Homecoming weekend.

This is a free event that is open to everyone—students, alumni and their families, and the public.

Makers Market will be located in the Museum & Gallery’s three largest showrooms.

The Makers Market will show a wide variety of different art forms, and all items will be available for purchase.

Everything from jewelry and greeting cards to popcorn and fabric art will be featured.

The art featured will vary stylistically, ranging from a few strictly fine arts pieces to artwork that has more of a modern inspiration.

Makers Market’s wide variety of art ensures that everyone in attendance will likely find something that appeals to their personal tastes.

All 17 artists featured are Bob Jones University graduates and one artist is a current student.

The artists were chosen by a panel that selected artists who would be the best fit for the vision of Makers Market.

Variety was a large factor when it came to which artists the panel selected. Style and quality were also important components.

Makers Market has room to grow.

Erin Jones, director of Museum & Gallery, and Amy Basinger, M&G events and marketing coordinator, the directors of the event, said they are planning to have more artists join for next year’s Makers Market.

They especially hope that more students will consider applying to be featured for next year’s Makers Market.

Lovers of Greenville’s Indie Craft Parade will be happy to know that Makers Market drew a lot of inspiration from that popular community event.

Jones and Basinger discussed their plans for Makers Market with the Makers Collective, the group that organizes the annual Indie Craft Parade.

In addition to viewing and purchasing independent art, attendees will be able to admire the classical art found in the Museum & Gallery with admission fees waived, as the event is entirely free.

Since this is the 65th year of the Museum & Gallery, visitors will be able to view videos focusing on the history of the museum and gallery while browsing both the famous paintings in the M&G and the various local art on display.

Jones and Basinger said this is an event for not just BJU alumni or students to enjoy but the community of Greenville as well.

This is a great way for students to showcase their university or be inspired by what graduates of Bob Jones University have accomplished post-graduation.

Makers Market will even offer a craft for children so they can also enjoy Makers Market.

When it comes to pricing, the panel paid special attention to the costs of the art.

There will be a wide variety of pricing so that both inexpensive items and more expensive items are available, depending on what visitors are looking for.

Jones and Basinger hope this will be a fun event that appeals to all.

The vision for Makers Market has been to create a market that showcases fun, impressive and diverse art.