Restaurant Review Two Chefs Café

The restaurant is less than 10 minutes from campus. Photo: Rebecca Snyder

Two Chefs Café and Market serves the Greenville community by providing fresh, healthy food at an affordable price. Located at 644 N. Main St., Two Chefs is less than a 10-minute drive from BJU’s campus.

Menu items include a variety of salads, such as Greek, dried cranberry and grilled chicken, and a house salad topped with almonds, shredded carrots, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers served with a balsamic Dijon dressing.

The café also provides a selection of sandwiches, ranging from a tuna melt to quesadillas to grilled chicken cordon bleu.

While their specialty is fresh healthy food, Two Chefs also offers a variety of desserts, including tiramisu, brownies, lemon bars, key lime pie and daily specials. Prices for menu items range between $3 and $11.

The market section of Two Chefs offers a wide range of fresh milk, cheese, vegetables, and other cooking ingredients vital to any kitchen.

Bill and Judy Balsizer, owners and founders of Two Chefs, opened the business in 1996. The husband-and-wife team both have previous experience in the hotel foodservice industry and have transferred that experience over to serve the needs of their current new clientele.

Two Chefs also has a second location on Pelham Rd. at Highway 14, which serves primarily salads, sandwiches and other delicatessen items.

An aspect that sets this location apart from the downtown one is the fact that they use paper plates, cups and plastic silverware. The downtown location, on the other hand, serves its guests the food on chinaware.

Two Chefs advertises mostly by word of mouth but they also have a Facebook and Instagram page.

Hours for the café are Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and the market is open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.