Week at a glance

Placement Tests for II Semester begin
Monday

Check the II Semester Registration Guide for details.

Double Absences begin
Monday

Double absences start on Monday and will be in effect until the end of the semester.

Résumé and Interview Workshop
Monday, 5 p.m., Levinson Hall

It’s here again—the opportunity to perfect your résumé and learn how to be the best interviewee possible. A Résumé and Interview Workshop, sponsored by Career Services, will be offered on Monday in Levinson Hall at 5 p.m. Remember to bring your Career Guide with you.

Job Fair
Wednesday, 12:30-5 p.m., Riley Reception Room

Thinking about staying at BJU for a master’s degree? Then you may want to apply for a graduate assistantship during the annual Job Fair. An assistantship will help you pay tuition and give you the experience every future employer is looking for. The Job Fair will be held in the Riley Reception Room on Wednesday between 12:30 and 5 p.m.

Before coming to the fair, preview the list of available positions on the intranet (posted by Career Services), apply for both graduate school and a GA position and prepare several résumés to bring with you.

While at the fair, be ready to be interviewed on the spot. “The most frequently asked question is ‘Tell me about yourself,’” said Dr. Steve Buckley, manager of Career Services. “Be prepared to answer that question and to share results you’ve obtained or things you have learned from your experiences. Always go beyond talking about where and what you did.” Dr. Buckley recommends that all students, regardless of their classification, attend the fair. “It is a great way to take note of opportunities that currently exist and to see how GA candidates interact with department heads while seeking a job,” he said.

Music Auditions for II Semester
Wednesday and Thursday, 5–5:45 p.m., GFAC

Interested in joining a choir, taking music lessons or placing into or out of a music course? Music auditions for second semester are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday in the Fine Arts building from 5 to 5:45 p.m.