Omega volleyball team successfully overcomes Sigma, 2–0

The Alpha Omega Delta Lions defeated the Sigma Alpha Chi Spartans in volleyball two sets to zero.

The Spartans trailed closely behind the Lions through both sets, but their effort was not enough to win the match.

The teams traded scoring runs for most of the first set. The Lions kept the slim lead but also gave up easy points on service errors.

The Spartans had good teamwork but struggled to keep the ball in play.

The Spartans demonstrated a high level of energy and hustle. The Lions were hitting very strongly and consistently, but this did not deter the Spartans. Their defense was strong, and they dug out many of the hits.

With the Lions up 17–10, the Spartans started to make a comeback. The Spartans had a run of six straight points from strong hitting and tipping, bringing the score to 17–16.

But the Spartans gave it back to the Lions with a bad pass into the net. The Lions took control of the game and won the set 25–21.

The Spartans started the second set with the lead, but the Lions quickly caught up and passed the Spartans.

Both teams struggled with consistent passing for most of the set.

The Spartans also struggled to keep their serves and their hits in play, allowing the Lions to capitalize and take a sizeable lead.

The Spartans were down 15–7 when they had a strong hit that gave them a much needed energy boost.

However, the Lions would not be deterred. They used their blocks to not only block hits, but also to intimidate the Spartans’ hitters. This tactic worked multiple times.

The Spartans struggled to keep their serves in play and the ball out of the net, and the Lions went on to win the set 25–19 and the match two sets to none.