Personal Evangelism Week 2016

BJU’s annual Personal Evangelism Week held April 25 to 28 will cover the topic of “Reaching our World through Relational Evangelism” with chapel messages from Jeff Musgrave.

Musgrave started out as a pastor with a heart for missions. His passion for evangelism continued to evolve into what is called the Exchange, an organization that supplies support and materials to Christians who are seeking to improve in their own relational evangelism.

Musgrave has worked for years in missions and evangelism. During Personal Evangelism Week, he will bring that experience to the chapel platform.

He shared the outline for his message and some ideas for how students can prepare for Personal Evangelism Week.

In his four chapel messages, Musgrave will go in depth on a number of topics related to evangelism.

On Monday, he will examine who Christians are in the Gospel and look at what, when and how the Gospel should be used by believers.

Tuesday’s message will cover how to recognize divine appointments, and Musgrave said the message will include many stories telling of lives that have been changed by the Gospel.

Musgrave will demonstrate how students can use the Exchange’s smartphone app during his Wednesday message, and he said the message will be very hands-on. The app offers practical resources for evangelizing.

He described his goals for his final chapel message on Thursday.

“I plan to preach a recruiting message: God’s Special Operators,” Musgrave said. “It is a parallel between what the special operators in U.S. military do and what God has called us to do through Great Commission living. My prayer is that it will be both motivational and challenging.”

As part of the Exchange, Musgrave travels all over the U.S. and the world giving seminars aimed at helping Christians use tools like the Exchange Bible study to help build relationships for the purpose of spreading the Gospel and discipleship.

“Our most popular tool is The Exchange Bible study,” Musgrave said. “No prior knowledge is required. Every lesson shows new truths about God—Who He is, what He did and how to find peace and purpose through a close relationship with Him.”

Kyle Wilcox, executive assistant to President Pettit, described how Musgrave’s message will align with the University’s vision for Personal Evangelism Week.

“The goal of Personal Evangelism Week is to provide practical guidance and inspiration on how to share the gospel,” Wilcox said.

“We often know that we should share the gospel, but we struggle with just doing it partly because we don’t have a plan for how to do it.  This week is intended to inspire and equip us to ‘go and make disciples.’”

Outside of chapel messages, Musgrave will also be available in The Den to meet with students during the week. He will be in Room A in The Den from 2 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.

To help students prepare for Personal Evangelism Week, Musgrave recommends that students watch the four preliminary videos on the Exchange’s website, which Musgrave said will help set the stage for the entire week.(www.exchangemessage.org/videos)