Strossner’s indulges the five senses with flavorful foods

Photo of Strossners Bakery. Stephen Dysert 30.3

Strossner’s Bakery, located at 21 Roper Mountain Road, has been a family favorite in the Greenville area for more than 70 years.

The Strossner family opened the doors to their very own establishment in 1945.

Fast forward to 2016, and the family-owned and -operated bakery is a successful business and go-to spot for many people in the area.

The bakery is located in a very convenient spot, easily accessible to anyone. There’s plenty of parking too, so no need to weave your car in and out of parking aisles trying to find “the perfect spot.”

After you park your car and enter the front doors of the bakery, the fun is only just beginning.

From the moment your feet cross the threshold of the doors, your sense of smell will be engulfed by the sweet aroma.

The pristine glass cases displaying every dessert the mind could imagine—cakes, tortes, pies, tarts, crepes, pastries, cookies, cupcakes and chocolates—overtake your sense of sight.

The sounds of families chatting, the employees working diligently and the rustling of the various packaging used to enclose the precious desserts overpower your sense of hearing.

These three raging senses work together to convince the mind to complete the last of the five senses—touch and taste.

Strossner’s offers a cafe menu and deli menu in addition to its tempting desserts. Cafe specials are updated on their website.

Breads of all kinds—butter biscuits, cheddar bread, French baquette and sour dough rustic rye bread—are baked fresh each day.

Ranging from delectable desserts to soup specials, deli sandwiches and quiche, Strossner’s Bakery has options for eaters of all kinds.

With an array of options to choose from, such as a freshly made pumpkin pie for $12 just in time for the fall season, or a large assortment of cookies for $20, almost any college student or group of friends could happily treat themselves with an edible reward for successfully making it through another long week of classes and studying.