TURKEY BOWL – GAME AND FESTIVITIES

Society Float during the parade of the Turkey Bowl 1960

On Nov. 19, students will be able to take a break and enjoy this year’s Turkey Bowl game and festivities.

The student Fall Festival, part of the Turkey Bowl fun, is organized by ISC directors Will Peek and Bethany Davis with the help of the Inter Society Executive Council.

Pregame activities, including the entrance of the two competing societies, will start at 6:30 p.m. before the annual Turkey Bowl at Alumni Stadium.

The official Fall Festival will begin after the game and last until 11 p.m.

The main events of the festival will be held at the Activity Center, and a few other events will be held in the surrounding fields. 

Students can enjoy a free coffee bar, which will serve coffee, hot chocolate and hot apple cider, and s’mores stations, complete with fire pits.

Spikeball nets and cornhole boards will be set up around the fields.

The ISC’s main focus for the Fall Festival is to create an atmosphere with little structure.

This allows students to spend a calm evening watching football, playing spikeball or simply toasting marshmallows and drinking coffee with their friends.

Matthew Weathers, the Student Leadership coordinator looks forward to the game and festivities.

“The Turkey Bowl and Fall Festival provide a fantastic atmosphere for students to enjoy exciting soccer games at the Alumni Stadium and join in post-game festivities at the Activity Center,” he said.

“There are a couple surprises that students will definitely enjoy at the Fall Festival,” Weathers said.

“The ISC Executive Council is planning a great event for everyone, and we hope you will come and join us,” he said.