Student Body to entertain with funny videos

This semester’s student body play will be different from anything BJU students have performed in the past.

This time, Hannah Smith, women’s senior representative, has coordinated a production that will give every student the opportunity to get involved.

The beginning of this “play” will involve a dramatic entrance by the host, who will announce the theme: funniest campus videos.

“This year, we wanted the program to be a true representation of the student body, meaning every student has an opportunity to be one of the stars,” Smith said.

“The goal is to compile funny campus videos in the same format as the show America’s Funniest Home Videos,” she said.

Smith said in today’s world of smartphones and Snapchat, many humorous moments have been captured for the enjoyment of others.

Since this student body play will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 13, students will have had several days to record humorous footage on campus.

All students were invited to submit their own videos with the chance for them to be shown in a 15- to 20-minute video—a compilation of several individual video entries—in front of the entire student body.

When the video is over, the  host will give the student body a chance to vote on the top three videos.

Students will be able to submit their votes via texting.

Once the votes have been submitted, the host will come back on stage to announce the top three funniest videos.

The host will call the video producers up on stage and will play the winning videos one more time.

The winner of this student body video challenge will receive a $100 cash prize.

Emily Weier, women’s student body president, said she’s excited about this semester’s funniest campus videos challenge.

“It’s something fresh and new—something anyone can be a part of,” she said.

“If you’re looking to get involved, here is your chance!”