Intramural basketball championships

Why recruiters return for BJU students
March 7, 2019
BJU hosts fourth NCCAA nationals tournament
March 7, 2019

Intramural basketball championships

There are different activities that go on behind the scene in the dfh, BJU, March 5, 2019. (Rebecca Snyder)

The intramural basketball season ended with a bang the weekend of Feb. 25.

Eight teams, six societies and four games later, the winning teams were determined.

For the men’s recreation league, the Pi Gamma Royals B team played the Phi Beta Chi Bulldogs B team. The Royals pulled ahead of the Bulldogs toward the end, wrapping up the game with a score of 72-61.

In the second game of the afternoon, the Pi Delta Chi Classics B team played the Theta Sigma Chi Colts B team. The Classics started out the game strong, holding a nine-point lead at the start of the game. Then the Colts kicked it into gear and stepped up their game. The Colts recovered points and won 37-27.

The Colts and Classics met again in the A team championship game. This game was close as the teams fought for the championship bowl. Again, the Colts emerged victorious, as they pulled ahead 34-32 at the last second.

The final game of the night was Alpha Theta Pi Razorbacks A against the Chi Alpha Pi Cavaliers A. The game was intense from the get-go.

Multiple times, the Cavs were down by about seven points but were able to even the score again with their three-point shots and aggressive play. However, Alpha managed to stay just ahead and won by one point, 72-71.

Saturday night wrapped up the intramural basketball season. Congratulations to the Royals B, Colts B, Colts A and Alpha A teams on their victories.

Coming up next in intramurals are volleyball, softball, ping pong, badminton and racquetball.