Annual Seminary lecture series to focus on biblical leadership

Photo%3A+BJUToday
Photo: BJUToday

BJU Seminary’s 2021 Stewart Custer Lecture Series, which will be held across four sessions tomorrow morning, will focus on the theme of biblical leadership and will feature guest speaker Dr. Les Ollila. 

Dr. Les Ollila was awarded the Lifetime in Leadership Award during the 2021 Bible Conference.
Photo: BJU Seminary

The mission of the Stewart Custer Lecture Series is to bring prominent Christian scholars and theologians from around the country to pastors and students. 

Ollila, the founder and director of Building Great Leaders, an organization dedicated to producing servant leaders through biblical instruction and resources, will speak on the need for biblical manhood in the first lecture, which will begin at 8 a.m. in Stratton Hill, and about the necessity of strong faith in the second session.  

For the third session, Ollila will be joined by several members of the Seminary faculty, including Dr. Ken Casillas, Dr. Greg Stiekes, Dr. Sam Horn and Dr. Renton Rathbun. The panel members, who were chosen for their active leadership roles in local churches, will discuss biblical leadership in a woke culture. 

The final message will take place at 11 a.m. in FMA as part of the regular chapel service. Ollila will speak on absolutes and relatives when it comes to Christian leadership, discussing on what points Christians should stand their ground against the culture and what points are less important to Christians’ ultimate goal of winning souls for Christ. 

Those interested in attending the conference or livestreaming it can register for free at https://seminary.bju.edu/custer/. A link to stream the conference will be sent to those who register by email before the series begins.