Restaurant brings taste of the Mediterranean to Greenville

Parsley and Mint opened its first location in downtown Greenville in April 2021, followed by a second store in the northern part of the city later that year.
Photos: Nathaniel Hendry

For those who want the savory taste of Mediterranean food but do not want to wait for it at a full-service restaurant, Parsley and Mint Mediterranean Eatery offers Mediterranean cuisine in a fast-casual format.

Chris Vincelette, the north Greenville location manager, said he can usually complete an order within 60 seconds. Meals are prepared right in front of the customers as they order. “It’s like Chipotle, but Mediterranean,” Vincelette said.

Parsley and Mint recently renovated its downtown location to update the aesthetic of its dining area. The north Greenville location features a crisp and clean blue and gray aesthetic. Minimalistic decor and chairs give the restaurant a simple yet classy feel.

Dr. Layton Talbert, a professor at the BJU Seminary, said he discovered the restaurant by accident while trying to eat out at a different restaurant. Talbert says he and his wife were very impressed with the food and customer service.

Photo: Nathaniel Hendry

“They were very friendly,” Talbert said. “I really liked it. I’m looking forward to experiencing that again.” Talbert, who has traveled to Israel several times, enjoyed the way that all the dishes are named after locations in the Middle East.

One of the most popular dishes is Jaffa ($12.99), a harvest superfood blend with falafel, roasted red peppers, chickpeas, Israeli salad and pickled cabbage and hummus. The dish is vegan and gluten-free.

Another popular dish is Cyprus ($13.99), which includes white rice and parsley, lamb kofta, Mediterranean slaw, diced tomatoes, onions and hummus.

Customers who enjoy spicy food might want to try Naxos ($12.99), which includes white rice and parsley, Mediterranean citrus chicken, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, harissa paste, Mediterranean slaw and hummus.

According to its website, Parsley and Mint is a “locally owned restaurant serving flavorful and healthy Mediterranean offerings in a fast-casual environment made with ingredients that are locally sourced and always fresh.”

Reviews on the store’s Google business listing average 4.6 of 5 stars.

The restaurant offers dine-in, take-out and catering. Customers with a large group can make a reservation, but small groups can just order in-store.

The company also plans to start a service to provide a weekly meal plan offering for customers, delivering meals directly to their homes.

Parsley and Mint has two locations: 600 S. Main St., Suite 101 and 5052 Old Buncombe Road, Suite F. Both locations are only about 11 minutes away from campus.

In addition to ordering in-store, customers can order by calling (864) 412- 8199, or by visiting www. parsleyandmint.com. The restaurant is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day.