BJU hosts blood drive with Greenville Blood Connection and Greenville Triumph  

Last time Bob Jones University hosted a blood drive, over 200 people participated, potentially saving up to 844 lives. BJU is partnering with Greenville Blood Connection and Greenville Triumph to host another blood drive Jan. 23-25. Donation buses will be parked in front of Rodeheaver Auditorium from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. 

Donors will complete a mini-physical upon arrival. The donation process then takes about 30 minutes, after which donors stay for 10-20 minutes for observation. The whole process should take 45-60 minutes 

Erica Guell, the director of the Community Service Council at BJU, encouraged students to donate blood to help people in their community. “It’s a super easy way to serve and to love other people who are in a vulnerable place,” she said. “This is a life-or-death situation for patients. It’s just an opportunity for us to love strangers and to show kindness and compassion to those around us.” 

“It’s just one more way to serve in the community and get students involved,” said Guell, a senior health science major who co-organized the event with Natalie Conn, the coordinator for student leadership and organizations on campus. 

“It’s pretty exciting because we’re matching the same incentive as the previous blood drive in December,” Guell said.  Students who donate blood will receive a $70 e-gift card and be entered in a drawing to win a basket of BJU, Greenville Triumph and The Blood Connection swag.  

Students who wish to donate can sign up using a QR code located on posters around campus or sign up on The Blood Connection’s website 

BJU usually hosts two blood drives each semester.