Try more than traditional Chinese food at Red Bowl

shot of Red Bowl sign. shot by Bobby Hull

Are you and your friends hungry for some Asian cuisine, but none of you can decide what type? One friend wants egg rolls while another friend wants sushi, but you personally just want a tasty pot sticker?

Well, why not try Red Bowl, an Asian bistro that serves authentic Asian cuisine and is located at 27 S. Pleasantburg Drive near The Fresh Market.

Red Bowl is open every Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays until 11 p.m.

Red Bowl describes itself as a Pan-Asian restaurant that serves different styles of Asian food including sushi, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese and hibachi.

Throughout Red Bowl, there are red paper lanterns creating a relaxed atmosphere with low-key lighting.

Victoria, a hostess for Red Bowl, said the restaurant is laid back but is still up beat enough for families to enjoy. You have a choice of sitting in a booth near the front or at a small table in the larger area of the restaurant.

There is also more seating in the back for larger parties, along with a sushi bar.

Prices range from a $2 crispy chicken egg roll, to $13 for a Red Bowl Bento Box, where you choose one entrée, one sushi roll, one side item and choice of rice.

The menu features many unique dishes such as starters including Tom Ka Kai which is chicken in coconut milk and galangal root soup, and Squid Salad.

The entrees include traditional chicken, beef and seafood meals such as sweet and sour chicken and shrimp.

The Red Bowl kid’s meal costs $4, but on Saturdays, the kid’s meal is free with purchase of an adult entrée.

Lovers of Asian cuisine will find a variety of choices at Red Bowl at a low price that will fit most budgets.